Source: WikpediaPoutine is a dish consisting of French fries topped with fresh cheese curd, covered with brown gravy and sometimes additional ingredients.... The French fries are of medium thickness, and fried so that the inside stays soft, while the outside is crunchy. The gravy is a light chicken, veal or turkey gravy, mildly spiced with a hint of pepper. Fresh cheese curd (not more than a day old) are used. To maintain the texture of the fries, the cheese curd and gravy must be added immediately prior to serving the dish.
So after browsing through the local supermarkets, I was able to find most of the ingredients to make this, most noblest of traditions. Unfortunately, Brown Sauce, the ubiquitous secret ingredient of Poutine, was no where to be found. I asked my mom to send me a packet of the stuff. And lo and behold, after about a week, it arrived. I had to pick it up from the post office, and what I got was a bit of a surprise...
Happy Eating,
Rick
No comments:
Post a Comment